Our theme provides the cross-sell products feature to help you to improve your sales.
The algorithm that identifies recommended products is based on data about products that were purchased together and products with similar descriptions. It uses this data to provide a mix of those related products as recommendations for a given product.
In cases where purchase or product description data aren't available for a given product, products from a related collection are shown. The algorithm uses the collection in the URL from which the request to the API endpoint originated, and pulls other products from that collection. If the product doesn't have a collection URL, then the recommendation algorithm finds collections that include the product and pulls other products from those instead (excluding collections with handles “all” and “frontpage”).
The recommendation algorithm associates up to ten products per individual product, in order of relevance. For example, the first recommended product is more relevant than the tenth recommended product. Because of this, it's a good idea to show no more than four products per product page to promote only the most relevant recommendations.
Requirements and limitations
- The types of product recommendations that appear are determined by your online store and your Shopify plan:
- Purchase history and product descriptions: Plus plan and having <7000 products published in your Online Store, with an English storefront
- Purchase history only: Plus plan and having <7000 products published in your Online Store, with a non-English storefront
- Purchase history only: Non-Plus plan and having <7000 products published in your Online Store
- Collections: Any plan with >7000 products published in your Online Store
- The recommendation algorithm doesn't use orders that have been imported from another store or ecommerce platform to generate product recommendations.
- Products that are out of stock, set to a price of 0, or gift cards aren't included in recommendations.
1. General settings:
- Visible at the product page : show the cross-sell products at the product page.
- Visible at the cart page : show the cross-sell products at the cart page.
- Limit : the number of products you want to show at the product page and cart page.
2. Product item settings:
Please view at here for details.