Our theme provides the cross-sell products feature to help you to improve your sales. There are two ways to load the cross-sell products: automation and manual.
1. Automation loading and manual settings:
A. Automation loading:
The algorithm that identifies recommended products is based on data about products that were purchased together and products with similar descriptions. It uses this data to provide a mix of those related products as recommendations for a given product.
In cases where purchase or product description data aren't available for a given product, products from a related collection are shown. The algorithm uses the collection in the URL from which the request to the API endpoint originated, and pulls other products from that collection. If the product doesn't have a collection URL, then the recommendation algorithm finds collections that include the product and pulls other products from those instead (excluding collections with handles “all” and “frontpage”).
The recommendation algorithm associates up to ten products per individual product, in order of relevance. For example, the first recommended product is more relevant than the tenth recommended product. Because of this, it's a good idea to show no more than four products per product page to promote only the most relevant recommendations.
Requirements and limitations
- The types of product recommendations that appear are determined by your online store and your Shopify plan:
- Purchase history and product descriptions: Plus plan and having <7000 products published in your Online Store, with an English storefront
- Purchase history only: Plus plan and having <7000 products published in your Online Store, with a non-English storefront
- Purchase history only: Non-Plus plan and having <7000 products published in your Online Store
- Collections: Any plan with >7000 products published in your Online Store
- The recommendation algorithm doesn't use orders that have been imported from another store or ecommerce platform to generate product recommendations.
- Products that are out of stock, set to a price of 0, or gift cards aren't included in recommendations.
B. Manual settings:
This way is only used to load the cross-sell products on the product page. You can use the Boostheme Toolkit app to specify the products as recommendations for a given product. Please view more details at here
2. Product page:
- Enable : show the cross-sell products on the product page.
- Pick a rule : choose the way you want to load the cross-sell products. There are two values for this setting:
The site only loads the cross-sell products in the manual way. If there are not found products, the cross-sell block will be hidden.
- Display as : choose the way to show the cross-sell products block. There are two values for this setting:
3. Cart page:
- Enable : show the cross-sell products on the cart page. The cross-sell products on the cart page are always shown in a carousel slider.
4. Product item settings:
Only apply if the cross-sell products are shown in a carousel slider.
Please view at here for details.